Sunday, November 26, 2006

National Brand Index

OK-I did some research and I was actually able to download some reports from the National Brand Index website.

It turns out that things are not as bad as I thought for Turkey. Here's what one of the reports says about Turkey:
The struggling brands in our list are Turkey and Russia. Turkey’s overall low score, however, is mainly the result of it failing to achieve high scores in any category (and arguably this is partly because so few people have any direct experience of the country, its people or products, and spend relatively little time thinking about it), whereas Russia’s is the result of extremely low scores in several crucial categories. Looking at the data, Turkey appears to be more of a ‘blank canvas’, a country about which most people have few opinions; on the other hand, almost everybody has an opinion about Russia, and it is likely to be a poor one.

So the more tourists visit Turkey, the more the national brand score should improve. If it does not, then we are doing something wrong.

No comments: